On January 2017 I will be volunteering with Home of the Open Heart/Hospice Center, to serve as a bilingual nurse. I will be caring for Thai patients affected with HIV/AIDS and training local Thai staff in Hospice care
About the organization: Home of the Open Heart
- Thai name: Ban Nam Jai
- Location: Chiang Rai, Thailand
- Started 16 years ago by a Christian missionary couple from Australia
- A non profit organization under the L.I.F.E. Foundation
- The home houses orphans who are directly affected by HIV/AIDS
- Latest addition: a hospice center.
- Website: homeoftheopenheart.org
The Hospice Center
- Started: January 2014
- Staff: Thai and international medical professionals
- Gives palliative care and comfort to those dying with the disease HIV/AIDS.
- Accepts patients who have no finances, family or friends able to care for them.
Goal: To bring God’s love to this world by meeting the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual needs of those who are dying and suffering from HIV/AIDS.
- Nationality: Filipino
- Grew up in Chiang Mai, Thailand
- Trained Registered Nurse
- Hobbies: Rock climbing
My interest in medical missions began when I had a friend pass away with the disease, AIDS. Her mother also had AIDS and passed away when she was little. She suffered rejection from her community because of this disease. Before she passed away she was able to hear about God and the Gospel. Ever since, medical missions with this population has interested me.
How you can help me:
- Receive my updates
- Send letters of encouragement
- Pray for me
- Give financially